The Five Biggest Books of November 2021

The Five Biggest Books of November 2021

Julie Dunn, Staff Writer

1. You’ll Be the Death of Me By Karen M.McManus

“From the author of One of Us Is Lying comes a brand-new pulse-pounding thriller. It’s Ferris Bueller’s Day Off with murder when three old friends relive an epic ditch day, and it goes horribly–and fatally–wrong.”(Goodreads.com) 

Three high schoolers, who used to be best friends, witness the murder of another student from their school. All three students have connections to this dead student and hide a secret. I think that this is a great premise for a story. Many young people see terrible things, but choose to protect themselves. This could be an interesting story plot about both silence and death. 

This book releases November 30th. 

2. Our Violent Ends by Chloe Gong 

“Shanghai is under siege in this captivating and searingly romantic sequel to These Violent Delights, which New York Times bestselling author Natasha Ngan calls “deliciously dark.”(Goodreads.com) 

This book takes place in 1920s Shanghai and is a sequel to the fantasy YA retelling of Romeo and Juliet, the book that came out last year. I really love YA retelling Shakespeare stories, especially when they are reimagined as fantasy stories. I have read parts of Chloe Gong’s writing and samples from the first book. I absolutely adored those pieces! I am super excited to read both of these books. The first one has been on my To Read List for a while now. 

This book releases November 16th. 

3. Gilded by Marissa Myer 

“Marissa Meyer, #1 New York Times-bestselling author returns to the fairytale world with this haunting retelling of Rumpelstiltskin.” (Goodreads.com) 

This book is a YA retelling of classical stories, focused on fairy tales. Marissa Myer has written well received lower YA books that myself and many other readers have enjoyed. I find it really cool to see older stories transformed to fit the modern era. It is interesting to see how they adapt.

This book released November 2nd. 

4. Aurora’s End (The Aurora Cycle #3) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

“The squad you love is out of time. Prepare for the thrilling finale in the epic, best-selling Aurora Cycle series about a band of unlikely heroes who just might be the galaxy’s last hope for survival.”(Goodreads.com) 

This is the third and final installment of the Aurora Cycle series. I have heard positive online reviews from multiple reading websites. I love fantasy stories that take place in space. I find these kinds of novels to be  fun and exciting! So this could be a promising series. 

This book released November 9th

5. A Psalm of Storms and Silence by Rosanne A. Brown 

“As the fabric holding Sonande together begins to tear, Malik and Karina once again find themselves torn between their duties and their desires. And when the fate of everything hangs on a single, horrifying choice, they each must decide what they value most—a power that could transform the world, or a love that could transform their lives.”(Goodreads.com) 

This is the highly anticipated sequel to the YA fantasy story, A Song of Wraiths and Ruin —a novel that I have really enjoyed reading. I have heard positive reviews about this second novel. I like the characters and the plot line of this story. I hope this additional book is just as excellent. 

This book released November 2nd.